Looking for help?
Before contacting us, please check the following points:
- Does your system meet the minimum requirements?
- Are your graphic card drivers up-to-date? NVIDIA GeForce // AMD Radeon // Intel
- Did you install the latest official version of Tacview?
(Please keep in mind that it is normal to find bugs if you are running beta versions)
- Did you check the FAQ below?
- Did you read the documentation dedicated to your flight simulator/input device?
- Did you search the forums to see if your issue has already been listed?
Top Questions (FAQ)
Here are the most frequently asked questions. This is a good place to look for an answer. If the answer is not here, feel free to check the FAQ dedicated to your favorite flight simulation for more specific questions.
Q11: Can I upgrade my Home edition to the Professional edition?
Of course you can! Please read the dedicated FAQ to discover how.
You can easily compress .txt.acmi files using the command line. Feel free to modify the batch file CompressACMIFiles.cmd to compress many files in a row and save a lot of disk space (ACMI binary files are about six times smaller than text files). Don't forget to erase the old .txt.acmi files after the conversion!
Tacview.exe -Open:"Tacview-20150512-191044-DCS.txt.acmi" -Save -Quiet –Quit
There are many reasons why DCS World flights could not be recorded. Please read the dedicated FAQ to find why.
You probably missed the theater choice in the open-file dialog box. Please read the detailed FAQ about Falcon 4.0 to find how to select the proper terrain and even how to import your own one!
Official threads on the forums
The official threads contain a lot of answers to the most common questions. The community is helpful and will be pleased to guide you during your first steps with Tacview.